Nov 9, 2009

Beef Stroganoff

Oh my poor food blog! How I've neglected you so!

So I have been cooking, nothing great. Pregnancy has been getting the best of me. I have become addicted to my pressure cooker so maybe I'll post up some recipes for that.

This blog is dedicated to my Beef Stroganoff. I'd been craving it for a while and found an easy recipe on allrecipes.com and thought I'd give it a try. I've jazzed it up a bit from its original.

Beef Stroganoff

1 lb stew beef, cut up
1/2 med onion, diced
1/4 c red wine (or water)
1 1/2 Tbsp flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp pepper
1 (10.75oz) can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 tsp Worcestershire
Sauce
2 c water
1/2 -1 c sour cream
egg noodles

Brown beef in pot. Add onions and let caramelize. De-glaze pan with wine or water. Reduce heat to med-high and add flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. Let cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly. Add soup, Worcestershire, and water. Reduce heat to
medium and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add sour cream until you've
reached a desired creaminess. Serve over cooked egg noodles.


It came out SO good! While at Wal-Mart getting the soup I found Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic. I used that and it was fantastic. I'd recommend if you don't get that to add some minced garlic when you add the onions.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment