Jul 25, 2010

Opps

HA.. I'm sorry little food blog.. I promise I've been cooking! Life has thrown me a few loops in the last few months... But here I am again! I WILL BLOG MORE! However I killed my camera.. and lost my mothers camera.. SO there may not be many pictures.. but I will blog!

I find myself making Chicken Parmesan today. This was like the first 'fancy' meal I learned to cook when I was like 8 or 9 maybe? It's a go to for me.. Something I always make good, doesn't take much time, and everyone seems to enjoy. I've started to make homemade bread crumbs now.. My mom and I don't eat the heels of the bread so we freeze them. Once I get a bunch I throw them in the food processer.. Instant bread crumbs from something we would have normally trown away. I keep these bread crumbs in the freezer however.. There is still some moisture in the bread an I don't want them to mold.

I normally serve with pasta and garlic bread! Enjoy!


Chicken Parmesan

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 c Flour
2 Eggs, beaten
1 c Breadcrumbs
2 c Pasta sauce
2 c Shredded Itailan blend cheese
salt + pepper
Itailan seasonings
garlic powder

-Start by patting the chicken dry with a paper towel. Then set up your 'breading station' by having flour in one bowl, the eggs in another, and lastly the bread crumbs. Season flour with salt and peper and bread crumbs with salt and pepper, itialian seasonings, and garlic powder to taste.
-Coat the chicken in the flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Then move to a greesed baking sheet.
-Bake at 350 for 30-45 min until chicken is fully cooked.
-Remove from oven. Top each with pasta sauce and cheese.
-Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted

1 comment:

  1. Hmm.. a note to the breadcrumbs.. I've been using them in meatballs and and meatloaf with no problem.. But I found today trying to bread with it wasn't so great. The added moisture caused them to gum up a little and fall off. I'm thinking about toasting the breadcrumbs off in the oven.. That shoud crisp them up and get the moisture out.. They should be shelf stable then too..

    ReplyDelete