Jul 25, 2010

Other things..

Here are some additional recipes that I've been using in the past days


Rhubarb Jam

4 c chopped Rhubarb
4 c white sugar
1/4 c water
1 pkg Jello

Mix rhubarb, sugar and water in pot and heat over medium heat. Stir frequently until sugar has melted and become a syrup. Continue to cook until rhubarb is tender. Add package of jello. Cool and enjoy

My grandma would make this quite often. The flavor of jello is up to you! The flavors I remember her using the most was blue raspberry and strawberry. I've made two batches this month (there has been rhubarb at the farmers market for $1!) the first was with cranberry jello, and today's with peach. I'm not a big peach fan so that was okay but the cranberry is FANTASTIC!


Gravy

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can water
1/2 pkg Lipton Onion Soup

Mix. Put on anything. Enjoy


Don't know what is is about this but it's SO good. We first did it with pot roast in the slow cooker - but doubled the recipe.. DELISH! Now I find myself cooking meatballs in it, chicken, pork chops.. ANYTHING! It's just so yummy and quick and easy!

Grandma's Pecan Pie

1/2 c pecans
4 eggs
1 T melted butter
1/2 c light Karo
1/2 c dark Karo
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c brown sugar
1 Tbs Flour
1 c peacan halves
pie crust

Put all ingredents except last cup of pecans into the blender and blend until smooth. Place pecan halves in pie crust and pour filling over. Bake at 350 foor 45 minutes


As this says, it is my grandma's recipe. Family favorite all around. I made 2 pies for the 4th, slightly burnt them, but they were still gone by the end of the night. I also tweeked it a bit to make it my own and tried adding a Tbs of molasses. It made it sweeter and richer.. oh so yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment