Oct 12, 2010

Salsa!!

Really? I haven't posted my salsa recipe? It's one of my all time favs! I haven't made it for my mom since I've moved back... even tho I've probably bought the ingredients 3x (and had the cilantro go bad... 3x...) Until I FINALLY made it tonight! Now this is my quick version. My all means use fresh tomatoes if you want. Personally I actually kinda prefer the canned..they're a little ... soupier? and I kinda like it that way! lol Add more/less jalapeno, to your taste. Personally I gut it (take out the seeds and ribs) so it's not too hot. As for the 'Adobo' it is a Spanish seasoning. It can be found down the 'ethnic' food aisle with all the other Spanish foods. The name brand of it would be 'Goya'. If you can't find it all it is is salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano (Mexican Oregano.. a little different that your usual Italian variety). Really just a pinch or two of salt and you'll be good. I would invest in the Adobo tho.. you'll find it very useful in a LOT of things! I pretty much use it in place of salt/pepper a lot of times.. or when I'm making something and feel like its 'missing something'


Salsa

2 cans petite cut tomatoes
1/2 can whole kernel sweet corn
1/2 onion, finely minced
1 'handful' cilantro, finely minced
1 jalapeno, finely minced
1/2 lime, juiced
Adobo, to taste

Mix it all up. Eat with chips. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment