Aug 2, 2014

Back in the swing of things

Alrighty, so we're going to do this again! As I said in my last entry.. Life has done yet another 360 to me again. I feel like I'm starting to get into the groove of what may be my new 'normal'. Still adjusting to the loss of Matthew.. But having Javion back home (he spent some time away with family to give me time to grieve) has helped tremendously. I've quit my second job and started spending more quality time with him.

As of June 21st (my 27th birthday) I've been participating in the #100HappyDays challenge.. Which has been just that - A CHALLENGE. But I knew it was something I needed to do, especially at this point in my life. The last 6 weeks have been rough, still grieving, dealing the the stress of trying to settle things after his death, and dealing with a grieving Mother-in-law who seems to think I'm the enemy.. Yet I've been able to find at least one small thing each day that makes me happy.

Also, as of last Thursday I've officially started Weight Watchers again. Last weekend I didn't do so well and I really started on Monday of this week. We just finished a 'Burst Your Thirst' challenge at work to get us drinking more water - and I've used that to kick off my health transformation. I started the Advocare 10-day cleanse as well on Monday. I haven't set up and SET goals yet, other then I want to get into ONEderland.. (199lbs and under).

Thursday's weight in wasn't so great compared to initial 'baseline' on 7/24, BUT there were a few factors involved.. 1) I've been weighing myself in the kitchen, and the floor in there is VERY uneven. You can gain/lose 5lbs just by moving the scale over a few feet. I've moved it now into the bathroom where we've refloored, and its very even. 2) I had JUST started my period and was very very bloated and 3) I had a sodium-filled day before hand and was sure there was quite a bit of water retention there.

But moving on - So far so good! I find myself not using all my points and eating healthy! And get this ... Yesterday I actually worked out.. Like did a workout video, for the first time in at least 5 years. Honestly I cannot remember the last time I worked out. I know I was in Utah.. But even then I can't really remember. I have The Biggest Loser 2 workout DVD which lets you choose your workout.. it wasn't too bad besides all the lunges that my poor thighs could just not handle! But I did it!

Okay, well, to shorten up this entry I think I'll leave it there. I'm going to start posting some recipes that I've been experimenting with the 'skinny' them.. and I'll be posting my weigh-in Thursdays again as well. Hoping that blogging more will help me stay accountable, since I don't have Matt here to keep an eye on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment