Aug 5, 2014

Chinese Fix..

I love Chinese food. I could eat it every single day. Garlic Chicken, Sesame Chicken, Fried Rice, Crab Ragoons.. I love them ALL. Well we all know how unhealthy take-out it! I've been looking up some recipes and experimenting on my own. Tonight I made some pretty tasty Orange Chicken. The original recipe said it was only 4 points+ a recipe, but mine didn't go quite that low. The recipe called for cornstarch, but I was out and subbed flour. If you have cornstarch, use that instead! Makes a much glossier and better textured sauce. I also added zucchini and green onions which seemed to increase the point value, which I'm okay with! I served with brown rice. I also promise to start taking better food pictures.. haha!

Skinny Orange Chicken
Serves 5 - 6 WW Points+ per serving


  • 1.5lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
  • 2 cups zucchini, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup of orange juice (I use Trop50)
  • 2TB honey
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 4 TB flour (or 3TB cornstarch)
  • 1 TB orange zest
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • 2 mandarin oranges
    Saute chicken in a non-stick pan, stirring occasionally. Once chicken is browned, add zucchini and place lid on pan to allow to steam. Continue stirring occasionally. Mix rest of ingredients besides onions and oranges in a pot. Place on medium heat and allow to thicken, stirring occasionally. Once sauce is thickened add to the chicken and zucchini. Add onions and oranges. Serve with brown rice. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment