Apr 4, 2013

One Pound at a Time..

Well, for the first time since I've started Weight Watchers, I've started to slip a bit. I did have one over indulgent day 2 weeks ago at my cousin's wedding - but last week was rough! I was doing alright up until Easter. My fiancee has been in the hospital now for almost a week (I'll explain later) and my son spent the weekend with my Mother.. So I was naughty! I ate what I wanted at work and came home and ate.. and went to my Mother's and ate. UGH! I hate how guilty I feel for it! And then I didn't even track Monday or Tuesday. I did eat (somewhat) sensibly however. Needless to say I was worried about today's weigh in..

One pound. I lost ONLY one pound! Going from 9.5, to 2.5, to 4.. and now 1. I keep looking at it so negatively when I should be looking at the positive! I LOST a pound! I did not gain but I am one pound lighter than I was last week. Yes, I could have done better, but I am one pound healthier! One pound lighter! One pound happier! One pound closer to my goal! And just for visual motivation and reassurance, this is what one pound of fat looks like



First wedding dress fitting is in 2 1/2 weeks! I'm so excited! I can already see a difference in my size as most of my pants are now falling off of me! Not to give too many details away about my dress in case the future husband is reading - but I bought it a size small so they could put a corset in the back. When I got the dress they had me try it on.. What an EMBARRASSMENT! I felt like a I was stuffed in like a sausage and she couldn't even zip it in the back. I wanted to cry right then and there! Just like every other shopping experience I've had. I have a vision of how I want to look.. I often find myself piecing together outfits that were just not meant for my body type so either - A. I can't find it in my size or B. I find it in my size but it looks HORRIBLE. Heck just last weekend I was trying to shop for some new dresses, since I have several family things coming up. What a nightmare! Nothing fits in the regular department and there's nothing cute in the plus size department! *sigh* "Fat Girl Problems" I always say.. NO MORE! I will not living idly like this any more! I deserve to be happy!!

So here's to a better week! I am tracking again, and now that the weathers getting nicer I want to start getting some walking in! I know my son will be thrilled! So get out there people and enjoy Spring!! It won't be too long until we're all melting in Summer and praying for Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment